Classroom Management Plan – Laptops
Addressing the questions below will
help you develop your classroom management plan, but there may be items specific to your classroom that you will need to add.
Use a written format that make sense to you and add additional information as needed. Ideas and management tips can be found
• Does the school have an Acceptable Use Policy that covers laptop use? Have all
your students returned a signed copy?
• How often will your students use the laptops?
• Where will tablets be housed? Who is responsible for charging them?
• What is the procedure for updating the laptops and/or purchasing and downloading
• Who determines how apps and files are organized on the tablets and what is the
basic structure for that?
• Are students permitted to change Settings on the laptop? If so, which settings?
• Will students be permitted to bring their own earbuds? If not, how will you manage
audio settings in the classroom?
• How will damaged or missing laptops be handled? Who is responsible for trouble-shooting
and/or equipment repairs?
• How will you assign laptops and then identify assigned users?
• How will use of laptops be integrated into your instructional program?
• Will students be permitted to log into personal accounts while using school laptops?
If so, under what conditions?
• How will you transition between on and offline activities?
• How will you monitor what your students are doing on their laptops while they
• How will student work files be stored and shared?
• What is the most important thing you think you will need to do to manage laptops
in the classroom?
Classroom Rules and Progressive Discipline Steps
Establish your expectations
for student use of laptops by developing class rules for use. You will also need to develop a series of progressive discipline
steps for those occasions when students opt to push the boundaries. Make a list of the classroom rules and progressive discipline
steps you will use in your classroom. Use a format that makes sense to you. Ideas and tips can be found here.